Want to set default YouTube channel for your account but don't know here to begin?
Well in this post we take you step by step on how to set your channel as your default login. Follow the easy steps laid out below.
If your Google Account includes more than one YouTube channel, you may see a popup to choose a channel when you sign in:
If you want to always sign in directly to one channel, you can set a default channel in the popup. Just select the one you want and check Don't ask me again. You can still easily switch to other channels on the account.
Change or Set the default YouTube channel
To change the default channel on your Google Account:
- On a computer, sign in to YouTube with your Google Account.
- Switch to the channel you want to make the default channel.
- Go to your advanced account settings.
- Under “Default Channel” check “Use this channel (channel name) when I sign in to my <email> account.”
- Click Save.
Note: The default channel will also be used in third-party tools and apps (e.g. video editing software) that don't support channel switching. When you enter your Google Account credentials in these tools, the default channel will be used automatically.
FAQs on YouTube
1. How do I start a YouTube channel?
Follow the steps below create a personal channel:
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or the mobile site.
- Click your profile picture. Create a channel.
- You'll be asked to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your channel.
2. How do I get paid for my YouTube channel?
Follow the steps below: How to get paid on YouTube
- Apply for the YouTube Partner Program.
- Connect to Google AdSense.
- Check out YouTube Premium.
- Use product placement and video sponsorship.
- Sell products or services to viewers.
- Meet up with fans in the real world.
- Turn to crowdfunding.
3. Is creating a YouTube channel free?
Creating a YouTube channel is completely free. The part that can get expensive is when you start to create the content for your channel.
4. What equipment is needed to be a YouTuber?
Whatever the case, all you really need to start a YouTube channel is a Google account and a camera capable of recording video. This might be an old handheld video camera, your laptop or PC's webcam, or the camera on your phone. Whatever the case, this is the basic requirement.
5. What is the difference between a YouTube account and a YouTube channel?
What makes a YouTube Brand account different? The difference of having a standard YouTube channel and having a YouTube Brand Account is that with the latter you have the option to change owners and managers while a YouTube channel is always associated with a specific person and their email address.